Long Island Farm Bureau will be holding our Annual Policy Development meeting at 7 pm on August 20, 2018 at the Long Island Farm Bureau office. This is your opportunity to bring forth any issues you might have or concerns affecting your operation. As a Grassroots organization you have the ability to participate in the Policy Development process. This is your chance to have your voice heard.
How Your Idea Becomes a Farm Bureau Policy
As a Farm Bureau member, you have extraordinary influence… the voice to be heard… the ability to govern… the capacity to impact agriculture. Your influence comes from the Grassroots Policy Development process and support found at your Long Island Farm Bureau, New York Farm Bureau, and American Farm Bureau Federation. You benefit from your own policy! After all, it starts with you!
1. You have an idea about how to improve agriculture
2. Your county Farm Bureau considers your idea
3. Attend your County Annual Meeting to support your idea
4. NYFB Resolutions Committee considers your idea
5. State Annual Meeting: Farmers throughout New York vote on your policy idea and if approved,it becomes state policy
6. Your NYFB policy could turn into American Farm Bureau Federation policy
7. You benefit from your own policy! After all, it started with you!